Services for Young People Hertsmere Healthy Relationships Project at Potters Bar Young People's Centre
- Potters Bar
- View on map...
Want to be more confident and happier in your relationships? Worried about a relationship going wrong or becoming controlling? Want to find out how and where you can get support? This group provides a safe, social space for young people aged 14-17 to get together, share experiences, have fun and take part in discussions about current concerns. The group meets every Tuesday evening during term time.
This Services for Young People Healthy Relationships Project can help you to make informed, safe choices and to have appropriate, healthy and safe relationships.
It is a free project for young people aged 14-17 in the Hertsmere area. It is specially designed to enable young people to recognise and develop healthy relationships and keep themselves safe from exploitation. From encouraging health and emotional wellbeing to building communication skills, this project will encourage you to set personal goals and provides support as you work towards them.
What will you learn at the Hertsmere Healthy Relationships Project?
- What a safe and healthy relationship is
- Staying safe online and developing a positive personal profile
- The risks of online dating sites
- Understanding consent
- What is meant by 'sexting' and the law in relation to sharing photographs online
- The impact of pornography on relationships
- Body image and confidence
- The law around child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- What is sexual violence and abuse
- Asking for help and the role of professionals
- How and where to seek support and guidance about exploitation
The Potters Bar Young People Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Venue: Potters Bar Young People Centre, Elm Court, 363 Mutton Lane, Potters Bar EN6 3BP
Age Range: 14-17
Days and times:
Every Tuesday, 7pm-9pm
Term time only
Booking Info: Booking always needed