Getting your exam results?
Whatever your results, come and talk to an adviser at your local Access Point about your options.
All our projects for young people restart in our young people’s centres w/c 20th September 2021.
Services for Young People Healthy Relationships Project at the Focolare Centre, Welwyn Garden City
- Welwyn Garden City
- View on map...
This Services for Young People Healthy Relationships Project equips young people with the skills to make informed, safe choices and have appropriate, healthy and safe relationships.
The Services for Young People Welwyn Hatfield Healthy Relationships Project is specifically designed to enable young people to recognise and develop healthy relationships and keep themselves safe from exploitation.
As well as supporting you to recognise when a relationship is becoming controlling or abusive, you will also become more confident and happier in your relationships with friends, family and other adults. You can share any concerns you have with our qualified and supportive youth workers.
Sessions will focus on:
- What a safe and healthy relationship is
- Staying safe online and developing a positive personal profile
- The risks of online dating sites
- Understanding consent
- What is meant by ‘sexting’, and the law in relation to sharing photographs online
- The impact of pornography on relationships
- Body image and confidence
- What is sexual violence and abuse
- Asking for help and the role of professionals
- How and where to seek support and guidance about exploitation
If you are interested in joining this projects, please contact the Services for Young People Welwyn Hatfield Team - details below.
If you are a parent/carer or a practitioner who works with young people and know a young person who would benefit from this project, please make a referral.
Venue: Focolare Centre, 69 Parkway, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6JG
Age Range: 13-17
Days and times:
Every Monday, 6-8pm
Term time only
Booking Info: Booking always needed